I am greatly indebted to the following people, without whose support, encouragement, and assistance, this work would not have been possible.
They have contributed their valuable time and knowledge, shared valuable information, records, guided me and granted permission to reproduce documents to build up the contents of this site.
This website would not have been possible without these contributions.
- Dr. Srilal Fernando, Melbourne, Australia.
- Andrew Buultjens, Wattala for scouring church records.
- Dhyan de Fonseka, Panadura.
- Lallith Goonewardene, Colombo.
- Ajith de Fonseka, Colombo (Deceased).
- Ms Rosemary de Fonseka, Colombo (Deceased).
- Ms Roshni de Fonseka, Colombo.
- Dhayan, Rohantha and Duneesha de Fonseka, Panadura.
- Ms Lorna de Fonseka, Colombo (Deceased).
- Kamini de Soyza, Colombo.
- Ms Cynthia Mendis, Ontario, Canada.
- Ms. Joan Perera, Colombo 6 (Deceased).
- Dr Germain Fernando, Perth, Australia.
- Ms Srimanie Ranasinghe, London, UK.
- Nigel Venus, Patsy Willis and Andy Cole OBE of the Royal Star & Garter Home, Richmond, UK
- Nimal Wickremasuriya, Nawala (Deceased).
- Siraj Perera, Melbourne, Australia.
- Dunstan and Elaine Perera, Melbourne, Australia.
- Charles Amerasekera of Canada for details of Medals and Decorations. (www.ceylonmedals.com).
- Rohan Fernando, UK.
- Manil and Peter Waas, UK
- Raaj de Silva of the Khastriya Maha Sabha, Colombo.
- Dr Rajpal de Silva, Colombo.
- Kumar Perera Abeywardena, Managing Director, Closenberg, Galle.
- Michael Roberts of Australia for copies of valuable documents.
- Kyle Joustra of Australia for information from his excellent Sri Lanka Genealogy Database.
- Victor Melder of Australia for his support in tracing family trees.
- Ms Karen Bernard and Ms Marie Pieris for typing some of the manuscripts.
- The Director and staff of the Department of National Archives, Colombo 7.